MENU

6524 東証二部(電気機器)

湖北工業

新規上場会社紹介レポート

(公開日 2021.12.24)

PDFを開く

Kohoku Kogyo(6524 TSE 2nd Section)

English Summary (PDF)

+English Summary on This Page

Manufacturing Lead Terminals for Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors and Optical Components/Devices
Comprising Kohoku Kogyo and five subsidiaries, the Kohoku Kogyo Group conducts the lead terminal business, which involves manufacturing and sales of lead terminals (an electrode component of aluminum electrolytic capacitors), and the optical component/device business, which involves manufacturing and sales of optical components and devices for fiber-optic communication networks.

In the fiscal year ended December 2020, the lead terminal business recorded sales of 5,536 million yen, representing 49.5% of the net sales, and the optical component/device business recorded sales of 5,640 million yen, representing 50.5% of the net sales.

Lead Terminal Business
Lead terminals are an electrode component of aluminum electrolytic capacitors, which are an electronic component used in electronic circuits for automobiles, electronic equipment such as home electric/electronic appliances and telecommunications equipment, etc.

The Kohoku Kogyo Group produced approximately 40 billion lead terminals (20 billion aluminum electrolytic capacitors’ worth) in the fiscal year ended December 2020, and it is estimated to hold an approximately 40% share of global production based on the number of units.

Around 90% of lead terminal sales are Japanese aluminum electrolytic capacitor manufacturers such as Nippon Chemi-Con (6997 TSE 1st Section) and NICHICON (6996 TSE 1st Section), while the remaining 10% or so are to Taiwanese and Chinese manufacturers.

Since its founding in 1959, the company has been involved in the lead terminal business, and from the outset it has manufactured its products in locations near major aluminum electrolytic capacitor manufacturers’ production sites.

The group engages in manufacturing and sales aimed at domestic and international customers at a total of four sites, including one in Malaysia and two in China along with Kohoku Kogyo. It has an overseas sales office in Singapore.

Optical Component/Device Business
The optical component/device business involves manufacturing and sales of optical components and optical devices used in equipment for fiber-optic communications equipment and optical modules for optical transmitting/receiving.

The main sales destination, Alcatel Submarine Networks UK Ltd., is a NOKIA-owned UK company involved in all aspects of undersea cables and undersea cable repeaters, from manufacturing to laying. Sales of optical devices such as optical isolators and optical filters for undersea cables to this customer have recently grown substantially.

概要(レポートから抜粋)

湖北工業(以下、同社)グループは、同社と子会社5社からなり、アルミ電解コンデンサの電極部品であるリード端子の製造・販売を行う「リード端子事業」と、光ファイバ通信網用の光部品・デバイスの製造・販売を行う「光部品・デバイス事業」を行っている。セグメント区分もこの2事業からなる。

20/12期の売上高は、リード端子事業が5,536百万円で売上高構成比49.5%、光部品・デバイス事業が5,640百万円で同50.5%とほぼ半々の売上構成となっている。

リード端子は、アルミ電解コンデンサの電極部品として、鉄、銅、アルミ、錫といった異なる金属材料を溶接・プレスして製造され、1つのアルミ電解コンデンサに2個使われる。

アルミ電解コンデンサは、電気エネルギーを蓄えたり、一定の周波数の電流だけを流すといった機能を持つ電子部品で、小型・軽量で静電容量が大きいという特徴がある。生活家電、情報通信機器といった電子機器や車載用電子回路等で使用されている。

光部品・デバイス事業では、光ファイバ通信の機器や光送信・受信等を行う光モジュールに使用される光部品と光デバイスの製造・販売を行っている。

この企業の関連キーワード

検索

アプリ

iPhone/Android/iPad版無料アプリ
「アナリストレポートライブラリ」

無料アプリでアナリストレポート情報を素早く取得

  • Google play
  • App Store